Pico de gallo is a fresh salsa that is made with fresh, raw produce instead of cooked like other types of salsa. It’s so delicious on tacos, burritos, fajitas, and even on fish, salads, wraps, and more.
My fresh homemade pico de gallo recipe is not spicy. I actually don’t put any jalapeños in mine. But you can certainly add jalapeño peppers if you’d like some spice. This recipe is extremely easy to make, and takes very little time.
Fresh Homemade Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 3 medium-sized fresh tomatoes
- ½ small sweet onion (I like Vidalia)
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced finely, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Dice tomatoes and onions and add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves.
- Cut lemon and lime in half and squeeze juice over pico de gallo.
- Add jalapeño, if desired.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.