Last Updated on 17th December 2021 by Pauline
Whether matched with dinner or any other time of the day, chicken soups never fail to meet our appetites or even our taste. It turns into a savory and mouthwatering dish that would find its place on the dining table when matched with green chili.
Though now given the rank of comfort food, it does its best to prove itself worthy of it, giving you an insider secret is worthy of the rank.
Soups fit into our lives like no one else. Not in the mood of having a whole food in your dinner, soup serves well for you. In cuisine and culture, chicken soups find their presence in almost every cuisine; whether it’s the Chinese chicken broth or the Mexican cream green chili chicken soup, it’s found a place everywhere.
Moreover, in Mexican cuisine, it is considered as a remedy for sinus and influenza. So knowing this basic yet amazing recipe not only will amplify your regard but also save you from some serious common cold. Moreover, it will outshine among your friends as a food for conversation.
You can serve this soup with noodles, macaroni, veggies, and whatnot according to your taste.
Mexican Cream Green Chili Chicken Soup
Not only is this recipe mouthwatering as it sounds, but also it is a freezer meal and can be eaten whenever you like. However, you either cook it to be freezer-friendly or a ready-to-eat one. Freezer meaning will let you have it whenever you feel without going through the hassle of preparing it again and again. You cook it once and savor it for a maximum of three months. How amazing can it be?
Let’s go through the steps to prepare the exotic creamy Mexican green chili chicken soup with numerous health benefits.
Mexican Cream Green Chili Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chicken Stock, as per your requirement, in different quantities, can prepare a varied amount of soup.
- Olive oil
- Onion and garlic
- Green bell pepper
- Salsa Verde (a green sauce prepared with onions, cilantro, tomatillos, can also be bought from the market)
- Chicken breast
- White beans. Great Northern cannelloni beans or whichever you prefer.
- Spices, cumin, and chili powder
- Fresh lime juice.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and then sauté onions for five minutes until they give a golden brown color. After this, add garlic and cook for at least more minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, except for lime juice, along with 3 cups of chicken stock into the pot.
- Simmer!!! Simmer the soup for up to 30 more minutes until the chicken is well cooked. You don’t want uncooked pieces of chicken in your soup. That would ruin the broth.
- Now it’s time to add lime juice as the ending ingredient. After adding it, your meal is all ready to serve, and you can do it with a little cilantro and avocado to enhance its taste and looks.
How To Freeze Your Mexican Creamy Green Chili Chicken Soup?
- First step remains to sauté the onions in a skillet for five minutes in olive oil.
- Add garlic as mentioned above, too, and cook for a minute.
- Now comes the freezing part; add all the ingredients along with this onion and garlic mixture. Use only one cup of chicken stock in this step.
- Add it to a freezer-safe bag and freeze up to as long as three months.
- Make sure when you take it out, keep it under boiling water until ice breaks, then reheat and cook for 4 hours before savoring it.
Now you are all ready to serve this amazing soup onto the dining table and get all the appreciation of your family members. Not only is this an exquisite dish but a rejuvenating one for those suffering from a common cold or even influenza. Now the dishes for the sick don’t need to be dull after all.
Tips For Making Mexican Green Chili Chicken Soup Great
This dish may be great, but you can make it even more amazing by just following these tricks. First, don’t go for regular zip locks to freeze it. Rather go for freezer-safe bags to ensure that your dish is well freezer and is ready to use even after three months.
Don’t serve it plain; serve it with a bit of dressing in cilantro and avocado to make it even more mesmerizing and mouthwatering.
Use only 1 cup of stock while freezing and even reheating in a crockpot. This will ensure the dish tastes the same even after a long time. Sometimes you may not get the ingredients, so freezing might be advantageous for you but freezing and reheating it right is also required.
Last but not least, use homemade salsa Verde instead of the market to ensure a rich taste along with homemade freshness. The dish holds better when homemade, even the sauces.
Though the creamy Mexican green chili chicken soup holds best for you, there are a whole lot of other dishes that are ready to sway you away. One of them is green chili chicken noodle soup. Green Chili Chicken Soup is the best, but with noodles in it, it undoubtedly is better. That’s why the Chinese do it !!!
The basic ingredient remains the same, with noodles being an addition to it. Also, along with the cutting of Salsa Verde from the recipe, oregano is here to take place. The procedure is quite the exact with the addition of boiled noodles in the end, and also, this recipe requires finer shredding of the chicken pieces, unlike the Mexican one.
While you have it the Chinese way or the Mexican way, both the recipes are sure to end you up in an amazing world of taste along with health as green chili is known to boost up the vitamin C intake, which is the cause for its remedial effects on cold and sinus.