Last Updated on 25th August 2021 by
Nothing pairs with a cup of latte better than warm, pumpkin gooey cake. The savoury treats dissolve in your mouth from the first bite, spreading the gooey goodness into your taste buds.
You don’t need to be a professional chef to make these delicious cakes. Here, we’ll show you an easy pumpkin gooey butter cupcake recipe; your family will love it!
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cupcake Recipe – 3 Easy Steps
- Yellowcake mix without pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 butter stick
- 15 ounce pumpkin can
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese package
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 16 ounce powdered sugar package
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Mix the IngredientsBefore mixing the ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, so it’ll be ready for later.Then, start mixing the cake mix, one egg, and a melted butter stick in a large bowl. Mix it well until you’re sure everything is combined, then scoop two tablespoons of the mixture. If you have cupcake tins, pat the mixture right into them after lining.Alternatively, you can use small jars, but make sure to grease them beforehand.
- Prepare the FillingAfter you’re done with the cake’s mixture, it’s time to prepare the gooey filling; the cupcakes’ essence!In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin and the cream cheese, and beat them until they’re totally smooth. Then, pour in the rest of the eggs, the vanilla, butter, and beat everything until smooth.Afterward, you’ll add the powdered sugar and pumpkin spice and combine them well.Now, it’s time to pour the gooey pumpkin mixture onto the cake batter that’s already in the cupcake tin. Make sure not to overfill the tin or the jars; the whole thing will rise on its own while baking. You don’t want the cupcakes to be inside out! Leave about a third of your chosen container empty.If you want, you can sprinkle some nutmeg on top for a final touch. Or, you can use any nuts of your choice.
- Time for Baking!After you’re done with everything, throw the mixture into the preheated oven, and bake for 30 minutes. Ten minutes before the time ends, keep watching the cupcakes so they don’t over bake. Over-baking will ruin the gooey texture inside, which is what we’re aiming for in the first place.
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes Recipe – 4 Quick Steps
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 15.25 ounces cake mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ melted butter stick
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 15 ounces pumpkin can
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 ½ powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Prepare the CrustBefore starting, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, grab a wide baking dish and cover it with a layer of the cooking spray.Now that you’re done with the preparations, it’s time to make the cake mix.You’ll grab a large bowl and combine two eggs, one teaspoon vanilla extract, and the cake mix using an electric mixer. After the mixture is smooth, add the melted butter stick and mix again until everything combines together. Lastly, spread the mixture in the baking dish, making sure to keep it even.
- Prepare the FillingGrab a mixer bowl and beat the cream cheese for approximately two minutes until it’s smooth. Then, throw in the remaining eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin spice, and beat again until the mixture smoothes out.Afterward, throw in the pumpkin puree and unsalted butter, and mix again. Lastly, add the powdered sugar and start beating on low speed for about one minute. Then, turn the speed to medium and beat for another minute, and you’re done.Pour the mixture over the cake base and smooth the top out using a spatula.
- Time for Baking!If you baked cakes before, you probably know that there’s no definitive time for it to finish. In some cases, you’ll bake it for the exact time twice, and the result will be different each time!For gooey pumpkin butter cakes, 40 minutes is your ideal time interval. That way, it’ll come out just right without over baking.However, we recommend you watch the cake from time to time while it’s in the oven. If you notice that the edges are puffed out, the cake is probably ready. Their colour will also be leaning toward golden, and the centre will be softer than the rest of the cake.
- Serve Your MasterpieceThere are a lot of ideas you can implement for serving. We think pumpkin cakes go perfectly well with sweetened whipped cream on top. You can also sprinkle some nuts on top for a final touch. Even better, you can sprinkle colourful sugar to add some colour to your cake.Caramel is also an ideal partner for pumpkin. You can drizzle some on top before serving, and you can create shapes on the plate with it.As for the cake itself, the best way to serve it is to cut it into squares.
Now that you’re fully aware of the two recipes, we trust your family is in for a treat tonight!
Both recipes are quick and easy to make. As long as you have the right ingredients, nothing should go wrong. Just make sure not to over bake the cakes and not to overfill your containers. Lastly, don’t forget to show me your final result!
I'm Pauline, a retired patisserie chef, mother of four and now a full time food blogger! When i'm not cooking i love long walks, reading thriller novels and spending time with my grandkids. Head to my about me page to learn more about the woman behind the food! You can find my Facebook here