Although cooking the ingredients of the burrito is extremely crucial for the perfect one, your burrito will always be as good as you can fold it.
With rice, meat, beans, and meat all rolled in a single tortilla, it’s quite easy to get all the ingredients falling out as soon as you get to take a bite of it.
To avoid this frustration and enjoy your burrito at the same time, a lot of people came up with a variety of methods to wrap their tortilla for a solid deliciousness.
Read on, if you want to know how to Roll a Burrito like a pro! In today’s article, you’ll find 5 tricks and methods to try out, including the proper way to wrap a burrito in 2 tortillas. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
5 Methods of How to Fold a Burrito
Method 1: The Classic Burrito Roll
- Add enough content over the tortilla.
- Join the front and bottom ends together and lift the tortilla up, then set it back down with an open face, so you get the content exactly in the centre and packed as much as possible.
- Using your thumbs, pull the left and the right flaps of the tortilla to be exactly over the tortilla contents leaving enough space between the flaps over the centre. Pull them gently to avoid ripping the tortilla apart.
- With the remaining fingers, pull the top flap of the tortilla (the end that doesn’t face you), and tuck it in towards the burrito content. This one should be pulled enough to cover the content of the burrito.
- Rotate the burrito while keeping this form so that you can roll it outwards.
- Fold the burrito forward carefully while pressing the tortilla tightly as you go.
- Wrap the entire burrito in foil to keep it insulated and hold the burrito together as you eat.
Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage : 120V - 60Hz.
Method 2: Rolling Burrito in 2 Tortillas
- Place the two tortillas side by side over a flat and clean surface.
- Overlap the two tortillas so that one of them is covering about one-third of the other one.
- Lay your burrito fillings over the centre of the two tortillas and avoid getting them on the top or the bottom sides.
- Fold each side of the tortillas that are right and right of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tightly from the bottom and go upwards.
- As you reach the end of the tortilla, make sure that you tuck the bottom of the tortillas tightly so that they form a cylindrical shape.
- Wrap the huge burrito into an aluminium foil to keep it tight.
This griddle/Tava is made up of heavy gauge 4. 88mm thickness and comes with cookbook. Nonstick coating applied on Hard anodized surface to last longer.
Method 3: Folding a Burrito like Chipotle
- Heat the tortilla over a pan or microwave it to make it pliable and easy to work with.
- Lay a piece of foil out so that is slightly larger than the tortilla you’re using.
- Place your tortilla over the foil and add your filling on top of the tortilla.
- Push the ingredients of your burrito slightly towards the centre of your tortilla.
- Using one hand, roll the tortilla so that you pull the ingredients tightly to the back of the tortilla without applying too much pressure on the burrito.
- Fold the burrito towards the other end.
- Before you reach the end, fold the sides of the tortilla up and towards the centre.
- Finish up rolling the tortilla then use the foil to tighten your roll.
With the Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker, making a delicious, home-cooked meal is as easy as putting a few ingredients in the crock and turning it on. Its 4 quart capacity and oval shape make it ideal for cooking a 4 lb. chicken or roasting meat to perfection. And with more programming options than Crock-Pot Smart-Pot*, this Hamilton Beach slow cooker gives you the ultimate selection of temperature and cooking time combinations.
Method 4: The Triple Folding Style
- Place the contents of the burrito over a warmed tortilla closely towards the left side leaving the right side relatively empty.
- Make the first fold from the empty right side towards the left where the tortilla covers some but not all of the ingredients.
- Bring the top flap towards the bottom of the tortilla so that it also partially covers the tortilla. Tuck the edge of the tortilla for extra support.
- Bring the right bottom edge of the tortilla towards the centre of the tortilla and tuck it gently but tightly around the burrito to make a cylindrical shape on one side and an exposed burrito on the other one.
The best of pressure cooking and air frying all in one pot. TenderCrisp Technology lets you quickly pressure cook to lock in juices and then swap lids for a crispy, golden air fry finish. 9-in-1 versatility lets you pressure cook, slow cook, steam, make yogurt, sear/sauté, air fry crisp, bake/roast, broil, and keep warm.
Method 5: The Pull Back Method
- Place the content of the burrito slightly off-centre.
- Roll the back end (the one towards you) over the burrito filling and use it to move the content back as tight as possible without tearing it up.
- While leaving the first fold on, fold the left and right sides towards the centre and tuck them in tightly.
There you have it. A complete guide that shows you how to properly fold a burrito in various ways!
Make sure that you try to roll at least one burrito in each of these methods before deciding on the ideal one for you in terms of ease of application and limiting the mess.
In addition to the previously mentioned methods, always remember that a sensible amount of filling ingredients are also critical to fold the perfect burrito.
Ideally, most burrito vendors will use about 4 ounces of filling, which is about the size of one serving spoon. This way, you’ll make the burrito easier to fold all the while avoiding bulges, spills, and tears!