Last Updated on 22nd April 2022 by Pauline
Miso salmon is the fillet of fresh fish soaked in sauce and then allowed to broil. Once it cooks, you need to take out miso salmon from the oven, and you can top with sesame seeds or garnish it with cilantro. It is so delicious to eat that anyone’s mouth can water.
Miso Salmon is a traditional Japanese dish. But you can easily prepare it at home as well. Cooking Miso Salmon is not difficult; you can do it in 40 -45 minutes. You can serve it at lunch or dinner to your family members or guests, and they will love it. I am pretty sure that the miso salmon recipe is going to rotate in your kitchen almost every weekend.
In this article, I share the miso salmon recipe with you, which will help you learn and prepare at home.
How To Make A Miso Glazed Salmon Recipe?
The ingredients you need to make miso Glaze
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- Seas same oil
- 2 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Ginger -Fresh and grated
- ¼ cup Mirin
- Salt to taste
The ingredients you need for Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon fillet (bones removed)
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- Make Miso GlazeTake a bowl and combine brown sugar, sesame oil, miso paste, soya sauce, grated ginger, mirin, and some salt and whisk for at least two to three minutes.
- Coat Miso Glaze On SalmonTake a baking tray and place the salmon on the tray. Start coating the miso glaze on each side of the fish fillet and allow the marinade to sit in the salmon for at least 20 minutes. You may refrigerate the fish fillets overnight. But remove it before 30 minutes when you want to make it to get the salmon in the oven.
- Heat The OvenFirst, preheat the oven to 250 0F. Then remove the excess marinade from the salmon. Now place the baking tray with salmon inside the oven. Allow it to broil for a minimum of 35 minutes. You may test the salmon by inserting a fork on the thick part of the salmon after 25 minutes. If you observe that your salmon has cooked properly, you need to remove it from the oven. But if it needs to cook, then allow it to broil for another five to 10 minutes.
- Garnish Miso SalmonNow remove the salmon from the oven and serve it on your dish plate. Garnish it with roasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Frequently Answered Questions(FAQ)
#1. What Is Miso Paste?
The miso paste contains fermented soybean. When this paste adds to your dishes, it enhances the taste and flavor of that dish. It is widely used in Japanese cuisine.
You can find miso sauce quite easily in grocery stores. You can use light miso paste for this recipe.
Anyways your miso paste will never go to waste. You can use it in your vegetable curry, soups, and various dishes. It is healthy and makes your dish delicious.
#2. How can I make my miso salmon perfect at home?
You can make the miso salmon perfectly at home by following a few tips. The tips are as follows.
- Try to use fresh salmon instead of frozen. A fresh salmon can add more flavor to your dish.
- When you go to buy salmon, you will have to choose between salmon fillets and salmon steaks. Always try to prefer salmon fillets for this recipe.
- Don’t overcook the salmon. You need to check it within a gap of few minutes by inserting a fork.
- Don’t forget to add mirin. It is rice wine. The Japanese people use mirin in the dish to enhance the aroma.
#3. Is salmon good for my health?
Salmon has immense health benefits. It is a good source of omega-three fatty acids, which help in reducing blood sugar and protects you from cancer. Even salmon is a source of vitamins A, B, D . It also includes selenium and phosphorus.
So, salmon is loaded with nutrients and vitamins. So, eating miso salmon is good for your health.
#4. What can I serve along with miso salmon?
You can serve miso salmon along with brown rice and a green veggie dish on the side. It may be spinach, broccoli, or French beans.
How To Make Miso Salmon Cheesecake Factory Recipe?
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Miso paste
- ¼ cup Hot water
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- Steam rice
- Steam vegetables
- ½ Sake
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 Lemon
- First, mix soya sauce, miso sauce, hot water, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Coat the miso mixture on each side of the salmon.
- Please put it in a baking tray and allow the marinade to sit for a few minutes.
- Then put the baking tray in the oven and allow it to broil.
- Now take a saucepan and put one tablespoon of butter. Then add ginger garlic paste into it and cook for one to two minutes.
- Then add sake into it and stir everything together for three minutes.
- Add cream into it and stir the mixture.
- Try to reduce the mixture to half.
- Now add one butter stick into the mixture and start whisking for some time. Once the mixture thickens, switch the flame.
- You can add some lemon juice and salt to the mixture.
- Remove the baked salmon from the oven, which usually takes 30 minutes.
- Now take some sake sauce and put it on your serving plate. Place the steamed rice on the middle of your plate, and then top it with the baked salmon.
The miso salmon is a super delicious dish. You can cook it within very little time. The method of cooking is not that complex. You have to coat the salmon in the sauce and bake it.
So, please try this recipe at home and just let me know about your experience. You may share photographs. I would read your experience and see your pictures.