This sweet and sour fruit salad is a refreshing lunch any time of the year, but it’s especially good in summer when temperatures heat up and fruit is fresh and perfect. The great thing is that it’s not only healthy and low in fat and calories, it’s also totally easy to customise with whatever fruit is in season or whatever you prefer! This is a semi-savoury fruit salad, so it makes a great lunch. You could also add some pre-cooked chicken to make it even heartier, or perhaps some blue cheese or feta cheese.
You don’t have to measure the ingredients for the salad. Just throw them into your bowl in whatever quantities looks good to you. It’s extremely forgiving!
For the dressing, I go light on the oil to keep it lower in fat and calories.
Sweet & Sour Fruit Salad
Ingredients For the Salad
- Spring Mix Salad Blend
- Diced mango
- Sliced strawberries
- Diced apples (I used Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
- Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Pecan halves
- Finely minced sweet or red onion
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ⅛ cup Canola oil
- A big pinch of sugar or a drizzle of honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Throw your salad ingredients into a bowl and toss well to combine
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
- Leftover dressing, if you have any, can be stored covered in the fridge for about 2 days.