Last Updated on 23rd April 2022 by Pauline
Do you often find yourself scrambling to cook something delicious when unexpected guests arrive? Or would you want to skip an arduous cooking session and go with an easy yet delicious appetizer that can please fussy eaters?
I am sure that you will have some of the best memories if you cook this mouth-watering and time-saving recipe. There is an old saying that seafood doesn’t taste good with cheese so let us find out whether this old statement is true or just a myth like others.
We are talking about a shrimp dip recipe with cream cheese and mayonnaise, which is one of the easiest recipes you can prepare and store in the fridge before your special guests arrive. The creamy texture and rich shrimp flavor will make any appetite satisfied. Well, first of all, there are various methods of cooking shrimp dip with cream cheese and mayonnaise; therefore, I will be adding a few of the best recipes which you can try out this weekend.
How To Make Delicious Cajun Style Shrimp Dip?
If you ever visited Louisiana, I am sure that you must have come across shrimp dip with cream cheese and mayonnaise cajun style because it is one of the specialty type dishes in Louisiana. One of the main reasons people in Louisiana love this dish is that every bite of this dish has a mixed flavor of herbs, cheese, and sweet bell pepper.
If you love eating seafood along with cheese, then cajun style shrimp dip is the dish to go with! Let us reveal the secret recipe here.
Cajun Style Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Small or popcorn-sized raw shrimp
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Sweet onion
- Red bell pepper
- Cajun seasoning skips if you don’t like spicy dishes.
- Cream cheese
- Mayonnaise and
- Louisiana hot sauce if available.
- Use an oven-safe skillet and preheat the oven with medium heat.
- Now, saute the skillet with butter and add some chopped sweet onions, garlic, and chopped red bell pepper and saute them until they are soft.
- Chop the shrimp or use the popcorn-sized shrimp and add it to the mix along with Cajun seasoning.
- Add different cheeses, mayonnaise, herbs, and lemon juice to the mix and stir well.
- Bake the mix until the edges feel bubbly and garnish the dish with extra parmesan cheese and serve it hot with chips for the best experience.
You may not find Cajun seasoning in your hometown, so I would suggest buying it online and also, please don’t use onion or garlic powder; instead, take some time to use fresh garlic and onion for a better taste. One of the main reasons you must try this recipe is so that you can freeze the leftovers and enjoy them the next day.
How To Make Creamy Shrimp Dip Recipe At Home?
If you love people coming back for more, this creamy shrimp dip with cream cheese and mayonnaise and ketchup will surely go with your plan. The recipe is packed with delicious herbs and lots of nutty cheese, which will hit your taste buds hard. Here is the creamy shrimp dip recipe, which you can easily prepare at home.
Creamy Shrimp Dip Recipe At Home
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp dried onion
- French bread
- Dry garlic salt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Rinsed and drained tiny shrimp.
- If you don’t like to go through a long process of baking, heating, and freezing with Cajun-styles, then the cream shrimp dip recipe is the best-suited option for your cooking style.
- Take a small bowl and add cream cheese and mayonnaise, dried onion, garlic salt mustard, and other herbs.
- Empty the rinsed and drained shrimp in the bowl and stir until you get the dish’s creamy texture.
- If you can spare some time before the meal, refrigerate the dish for an hour and serve it with chips, French bread, or baguette slices.
How To Make Shrimp Dip Recipe With Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise and Canned Shrimp?
This is one of my favorite weekend recipes when I love to spend time with my family. I am sure that you will love it too because of the creamy texture.
One of the best reasons why I love shrimp dip recipes with cream and mayonnaise is that I can prepare the dish well in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Let’s talk about recipes, as I am sure you are quite excited to know about the best shrimp dip recipe in this article.
Shrimp Dip Recipe With Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise and Canned Shrimp
- Canned tiny shrimp
- Creamy cheese
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Chop the canned shrimp and onion and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mayonnaise, and I would recommend using an electric blender to spread the mixture in the bowl evenly.
- Some people also try to add a miracle whip, but I would suggest not using it because it is not the right choice. After all, nothing can match the flavor of mayo.
- Try to use the green portion of onion to get better flavors.
- Add black pepper (Use the ground version of black pepper to spread the flavors evenly).
- Add garlic salt and blend the mix until you get a smooth finish.
- Also, remember to sprinkle black pepper while serving the dish with veggies or chips.
- Apart from sprinkling black pepper, remember to bring the cheese to room temperature as it will easily blend, and there would be no crystals remaining in the dish.
Diversity is the spice of life, and it is important to cook a dish that everyone loves to eat and cherish. I hope you enjoyed the article about the best shrimp dip and mayonnaise recipes, and I would bring many more mouth-watering recipes here.