This strawberry cheesecake poke cake recipe is fresh and bright with a subtle richness and depth of flavour that is just unbeatable. The cheesecake flavour comes from cheesecake pudding, which is lightened up with Cool Whip, and there are fresh strawberries that make the whole thing taste like summer.
A variety of attachments, including classic beaters, whisk, and dough hooks, add to its versatility. Six speeds and QuickBurst let you tailor your mixing for anything from perfectly fluffy frosting to bread or pasta dough.
Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 16 -oz pkg frozen sliced strawberries in sugar, thawed
- 2 3 -oz box strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 box white cake mix (plus whatever other ingredients it calls for like eggs and oil)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large box cheesecake flavored pudding
- 12 -oz tub Cool Whip
- Fresh strawberries for decorating (optional)
- Shortening for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Grease bottom and sides of 9×13 cake pan with shortening.
- Pour cake batter into greased pan and place into preheated oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Once cake has cooled, poke the entire cake about 1/2 inch apart with a chopstick or other similar tool.
- Pour both boxes Jell-O powder into a bowl and add boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water.
- Pour half of the Jell-O over the cake, and then put the cake in the refrigerator.
- Add thawed strawberries to remaining Jell-O and place in the refrigerator.
- Let cake and strawberry mixture cool in fridge for one hour. Then remove the cake.
- Whisk pudding mix with 2 cups milk. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Pour pudding mixture evenly over cake and refrigerate for another hour.
- Remove cake and strawberry mixture from refrigerator and pour strawberry mixture over cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and the remaining Cool Whip, if desired.