Tom Yum noolde soup is a spicy Thai soup that combines flavours such as chilli peppers, lemongrass and fish sauce to create a rich, fragrant broth that perfectly enhances the noodles and other ingredients. You can easily tailor your Tom Yum recipe to your personal tastes by going light or heavy on the chilli peppers or chilli paste or using different types of seafood or meats.
With the Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker, making a delicious, home-cooked meal is as easy as putting a few ingredients in the crock and turning it on. Its 4 quart capacity and oval shape make it ideal for cooking a 4 lb. chicken or roasting meat to perfection. And with more programming options than Crock-Pot Smart-Pot*, this Hamilton Beach slow cooker gives you the ultimate selection of temperature and cooking time combinations.
This recipe uses shrimp and soba or ramen noodles.
Tom Yum Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 package soba noodles, or instant ramen (any flavor, I like pork)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 4-5 slices fresh galangal
- ½ small tomato, diced
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage leaves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Nam Prik Pao
- ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Bring 1 ¼ cups water to a boil in a small pot. Add ramen seasoning packet, if desired.
- Bruise lemongrass and lime leaves and add to pot along with galangal, tomatoes, shrimp, Napa cabbage and Nam Prik Pao.
- Add about 15-20 cilantro leaves.
- Boil until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove soup from heat and add fish sauce, chili powder and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour soup over noodles and garnish with more cilantro leaves.