This minestrone soup recipe has the perfect blend of vegetables and pasta to create a dish that is light and healthy, yet still incredibly delicious and satisfying. It is full of healthy vegetables, and even the kiddos will probably love this stuff as much as you and I do!
With the Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker, making a delicious, home-cooked meal is as easy as putting a few ingredients in the crock and turning it on. Its 4 quart capacity and oval shape make it ideal for cooking a 4 lb. chicken or roasting meat to perfection. And with more programming options than Crock-Pot Smart-Pot*, this Hamilton Beach slow cooker gives you the ultimate selection of temperature and cooking time combinations.
You can make this recipe even tastier by adding the rind of a wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese when you add the broth. Or you can just spring it with parmesan when you serve it.
Perfect for easy, quick and safe grating.
Ultimate Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cartons chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 28 -ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
- In a large saucepan or small stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion to oil and slowly sweat, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
- Add celery, carrot, and garlic, and continue cooking for about 3 minutes, still stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, broth, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are almost done, but still slightly firm.
- Add pasta, peas, oregano, and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender, about 10 minutes.