With so many recipes that use egg yolk, egg whites shouldn’t be thrown away. Egg whites can be the base of lots of delicious recipes, so what can you do with leftover egg whites? Keep on reading to get inspired.
What to Do with Leftover Raw Egg Whites
Think about all the food, effort, and time needed to produce one egg. Egg whites shouldn’t be thrown away, and you can easily use them for various purposes.
Freeze the Egg Whites
Egg whites freeze well and can be kept in the freezer for various days until they’re needed. When thawed, the egg whites can be used to prepare delicious recipes, and they won’t feel like they’re not fresh.
You can freeze egg whites individually or all together. You can keep the egg white of every single egg in an ice tray, so you thaw the required amount when it’s needed.
You can also pop the whole amount in an air-tight container. You won’t be able to separate the egg whites once you have put everything in a single container. However, this method will work if you’re planning to use a large number of egg whites for a single recipe.
What to Do with Leftover Egg Whites Tuiles Washota
Tuiles are delicious desserts that you can prepare easily, even if you don’t have much culinary experience. You can flavour your tuiles with almond, vanilla, or chocolate to prepare a new batch every time. The recipe is simple and doesn’t take much time or effort, and as a bonus, the tuiles can be kept in an air-tight container for several days.
Leftover Egg Whites Tuiles Washota
- 2 white eggs
- ½ or ¾ cup caster sugar (depending on your preferences)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl for a minute.
- Add the sugar gradually and whisk until frothy.
- Stir in the flour gradually.
- Add the butter until it’s melted.
- Keep on mixing until you have a smooth batter.
- Keep the batter in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the batter onto a lined baking tray. Spread into thin circles and make sure that they’re well-spaced.
- Place in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the batter has turned golden around the edges.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and lift each tuile off quickly and roll it over the handle of a spoon and let it cool.
- When the tuiles have cooled off, remove them and store them in an air-tight container.
What to Do with Leftover Whipped Egg Whites
If you have already whipped egg whites for a recipe, then decided that you won’t be using all the amount, you don’t have to throw the rest of the egg whites. You can use leftover whipped egg whites for multiple purposes.
You can use egg whites to prepare a classic cocktail, the Pink Lady. This is a classic cocktail that was quite popular in the 1950s, and you can easily prepare it for a cocktail night to impress your guests.
Pink Lady is made up of gin, grenadine, egg white, and cream, so it’s opaque and fresh. This drink will be an excellent choice for events where you want to serve something special with a cherry on top. The fruitiness of the grenadine will complement the other flavours and help you make a tasty drink that everyone will love.
Leftover Whipped Egg Whites
- 1 ½ ounce gin
- ½ ounce applejack
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- A few dashes of grenadine
- One cherry
- You need to put all the ingredients in a shaker and shake very well. You should keep on shaking until the egg white has mixed well.
- Add the ice and shake once more.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass.
- Add the cherry on top or spear it with a toothpick.
What to Do with Leftover Egg Whites Meringue
Meringue is the main ingredient in lots of desserts, and there are several ways to prepare delicious meringue to match your recipe. After you have used the meringue for the desired purpose, there would be some left that you shouldn’t throw away. You can use the extra meringue to prepare royal icing for your cookies.
Leftover Egg Whites Meringue
- 1 cup whisked meringue
- 12 cookies
- Food coloring
- If the meringue feels too flat or runny, you can add a spoon of powdered sugar and whisk again until it thickens.
- Divide the meringue into several sections, and whisk in different shades of food coloring.
- Get your cookies and use a pastry bag to outline your cookies with a single color.
- Use another color of meringue to fill in the outline.
- Allow the cookies to dry for several hours until the icing is firm. Keep them in the fridge.
Use Leftover Egg Whites for a DIY Facial Mask
Egg whites are rich in vitamins and minerals that enrich and improve your skin’s overall appearance. Moreover, using the egg white face mask will also help tighten the skin and decrease the look of fine lines.
If you have oily skin or suffer from occasional acne breakouts, you should apply egg whites on the cysts and pimples. It helps fight off the inflammation and dry the acne. Egg whites contain lysozyme, a strong enzyme that kills acne-causing bacteria.
To prepare a facial mask, you can whisk egg whites until they’re a bit frothy. Add a teaspoon of organic honey and mix well. You should apply the mask between 15 and 20 minutes while keeping a straight face. Let the mask dry, then rinse with warm water.
Extra egg whites shouldn’t be thrown away. They can be used for several delicious recipes, and you can even use egg whites to clear your skin. All you have to do is to make sure that the egg whites are kept in the freezer because they will go bad if they’re left outside.