Who doesn’t love chicken? I love whipping myself various kinds of chicken dishes at home to serve to family and guests.
Not only is chicken widely loved, but it is also very accessible and simple to plan as well. Dark meat has long been enjoyed as a substitute for white meat. Dark meat’s richer flavor and higher moisture make it the perfect choice for many recipes.
So, is chicken meat healthy? Yes. However, it’s important to note the other aspects such as the skin, sauces, and cooking methods that might affect the nutrition count of your meat.
How to Make BBQ’d Chicken Breasts
To make the perfect juicy baked chicken breast, you will only need the following:
- 1 ½ paprika (mild, sweet, or smoky)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano or thyme
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. crack black pepper
- 1 tsp. Olive oil.
- Four large chicken breasts
How long does it take to cook the chicken breasts?
Large chicken breasts take about 20-22 minutes to cook, while medium-sized breasts take 18-20 minutes.
Once the chicken is caramelized and golden, it’s cooked. You also can throw your broiler in the last 2 minutes to get crispier edges.
If you are unsure if your chicken is uncooked, use a meat thermometer. Insert it in the thickest part of the meat, and it should read 165° F (75°C). Using a meat thermometer is the safest way to make sure your meat is thoroughly cooked.
How to Keep Chicken Breasts Juicy
Here are some secrets on how to make sure your baked chicken breast isn’t just cooked but is also perfectly juicy.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C for standard ovens.
- Pound chicken breast using a meat mallet at the thickest part.
- Combine sugar, paprika, oregano, salt, powders, and pepper.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and transfer the chicken to the pan. Drizzle with oil, then rub the seasoning all over to coat evenly.
- Bake chicken in a preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F (75°C).
- Boil on high heat during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking until golden and crispy.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer the chicken to serving plates and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle pan juices over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped parsley to serve.
How to BBQ Chicken Thighs
BBQ chicken thighs in the oven is an easy process. You just have to prepare some foil protecting your baking sheet. Put BBQ sauce on chicken before and after baking. You can never get enough BBQ sauce, so slather on as much as you want.
You will only need the following:
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Eight bone-in chicken
- ½ cup bbq sauce
How to Marinate Chicken Thighs for BBQ?
To marinate chicken thighs for BBQ, wash and lightly pat dry the meat and put it in a gallon-size zip-lock bag. You can then add the seasoning and olive oil.
Afterwards, close the bag and mix everything. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful it will be. Leaving them to marinate overnight will give the best results.
How Long Does it Take to BBQ Chicken Thighs?
The following BBQ chicken recipe takes only about 25-30 minutes. You can prepare salad or corn as sides while the chicken bakes to pair with your baked BBQ chicken.
How Long to BBQ Chicken Thighs?
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Stir together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Place chicken thighs on a baking sheet and season with spice mixtures. You can bake them for 20 minutes and then baste them with bbq sauce. Continue baking until the chicken is cooked through (180°F) for about 40 minutes, basting with sauce as desired.
How to BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs?
To make BBQ boneless chicken thighs, you will only need the following:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs
How to Make BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs?
- Preheat the oven to 425°F with a rack in the center position.
- Set a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Combine and whisk together to mix all the ingredients.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring the sauce to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved and the sauce is slightly thickened about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat—Reserve ¾ cup of the sauce for serving.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season it with the remaining one teaspoon of salt. Add ½ cup of bbq sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken on the prepared wire rack.
How Long to BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs?
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Using a pastry brush, coat the chicken with half of the remaining bbq sauce, using tongs to flip all over the pieces. Return the chicken to the oven for another 15 minutes.
Cook the chicken until the edges begin to brown. The chicken is done once the internal temperature reaches 165°F.