Coca Cola has kept the formula for their unique beverage carefully guarded for decades. Right until this day, no one has precisely imitated the brilliant flavours that are in store-bought Coca-Cola.
Today’s homemade coca cola recipe yields an excellent cola creation using all dried and fresh ingredients, promptly accessible in most home spice cupboards and refrigerators.
The one item you may need to look for is gum arabic, which is only included in the recipe for texture, not for flavour. So, if you don’t have it lying in your home, your homemade coca cola will, in any case, be flavourful!
How to Make Homemade Cola
Here’s how to make homemade coca cola for your family!
Homemade Coca Cola
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 7 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp gum arabic
- 1/4 tsp citric acid
- 1 lime juice and grated zest
- 1 lemon juice and grated zest
- 2 oranges juice and grated zest
- 2 tbsp dried orange peel
- 1/4 cup browning sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups carbonated water
- This homemade cola recipe will need you to combine orange zest, orange peel, lime zest, lemon zest, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander seed, citric acid, and gum arabic in a non-stick cooking saucepan.
- Bring them to a boil and whisk these ingredients together until the gum arabic disintegrates.
- Once the gum arabic dissolves, add in the sugar and bring to a boil for one minute or until the mixture has liquified.
- Remove from heat and blend in orange, lemon, and lime juices, along with the vanilla extract and browning sauce. If you don't have browning sauce available, you can use brown sugar with a little bit of water as an alternative.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes to one hour, and then strain the homemade coca cola syrup with a sieve or cheesecloth for a smoother consistency.
- For every 1 1/2 cups of carbonated water, add in 1/2 cup of homemade cola syrup. Stir the mixture until it's fully combined and blended. For best results, add ice and enjoy!
Nuka Cola is the most popular flavoured soft drink from the fallout universe. What gives the Nuka cola its powerful and addictive flavour is the essence of 17 different fruits mixed in the exact right proportions. It turns out Nuka cola homemade is the easiest summer drink you can make in a hurry!
With numerous experiments, we believe this is the closest approximation to the original recipe created by John-Caleb Bradberton.
Homemade Nuka Cola
- 1/2 cup coca cola
- 1/2 cup crush cream soda
- 1/4 cup fruit mix (raspberry, apple, pineapple, pear, orange and grape)
- 1/4 cup Del Monte Guava, golden kiwi and mangosteen
- 1/4 cup SunRype tropical blend
- 1/4 cup SunRype pure raspberry
- 1/8 cup tart black cherry juice
- In a large measuring cup, combine the fruit mix juices all together and blend well.
- Add in the Crush Cream Soda and the Coca Cola together with the fruit juices.
- Add ice and enjoy!
How to Make Homemade Self Freezing Cola
Don’t have a slushie machine or blender at home? No problem! This recipe is perfect for you. It only requires a few ingredients, and it’s an enjoyable and easy method of making a slushie.
Self Freezing Cola
- 2 ziploc plastic bags
- 1 cup your homemade coca cola
- 5 tbsp salt
- 12 ice cubes
- Take your sealable plastic bag and put salt and ice cubes. This will create a chemical reaction, keeping the ice colder for a more extended period of time.
- Take a second sealable bag and pour the cola into it. Make sure to seal it tightly and put it in the other bag with salt and ice.
- Completely seal the second bag and remove any air bubbles that may be stuck, making sure that it's not leaking.
- Wrap the bags well in a towel to protect your hands from the cold. Then, shake both bags and make sure the ice cubes can move freely inside the bag.
- Do this for 3–5 minutes until you see the cola is forming a slushie type of texture.
- Your Coca Cola Slurpee is ready! Just open the bags and pour it into a tall glass
Coca Cola Homemade Slush Machine
Nothing beats a super cold Coke on a hot day, well aside from this pleasant Coca Cola slushie recipe! If you’ve been thinking about how to make a slushie with a blender or a machine, you’re in for a treat!
When you realise how to make slushies at home, there’s no compelling reason to go to the closest slush, icee, or Slurpee machine next time you want a slushie!
Here’s what you’ll need to do.
Slush Machine Homemade Cola
- 5 cups homemade coca cola
- 10 cubes iced cola
- You'll need to make three cups of homemade coca cola and pour them into an empty ice cube tray. Leave the tray in the fridge for a minimum of four hours. Personally, I leave it to freeze overnight until it's fully frozen.
- Remove the cola cubes from the ice cube tray and transfer them to your blender or slush machine. Blend around ten cubes, along with 1 1/2 cups of cold cola you have leftover.
- Enjoy and serve with a spoon or straw.
Making Coca Cola at home is not only a fun activity for you and your children; it’ll also make a delicious treat. It might seem difficult at first, but you’ll be surprised by how simple it is, as long as you have the main ingredients.
You’ll be able to make several varieties of coke and other homemade soda drinks, including slushies, Nuka Cola, and even homemade coca cola cake. Mix up a batch for yourself, and tell us what you think!