When possible, I like to take my vegetables straight from the freezer to cook them without the need for thawing. You can do that with a lot of vegetables, if you know the proper way to cook them from frozen.
I’ll show you a method for how to roast frozen broccoli in the
Another benefit is that it retains all the great nutrients you expect to get from broccoli. So, if you’re looking for a healthy way to eat broccoli and not lose out on any of the vitamins and minerals, knowing how to roast frozen broccoli will help.
How to Oven Roast Frozen Broccoli
- 16 ounces of frozen broccoli florets
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 1 lemon, have
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and place it onto the lower rack in the oven as the oven preheats.
- Mix together the broccoli, sugar, salt, oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- When the oven has heated, take the hot baking sheet out of the oven using an oven mitt. Add the broccoli to a pan and spread it evenly in a single layer. Try to turn the broccoli so that it is touching the pan as much as possible.
- Play stuff pan on the lower wrap in the oven and bake for about 16 minutes. The broccoli needs to bake until it is starting to brown on the ends and it is tender. You can check to see if it is tender by poking it with a fork. To make a crispy roasted broccoli, bake for an additional one to two minutes on the top rack after switching the oven to broil.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and squeeze the lemon to drizzle lemon juice over the top.
There are a number of different ways you can season your broccoli, and some people prefer to keep things simple and just season with salt. I also like sprinkling parmesan cheese on the broccoli or creating a cheese sauce for it using a homemade roux with shredded cheese melted into it.
How Long to Roast Frozen Broccoli?
It’s important that you don’t overcook or undercook the broccoli. Undercooking it means that it won’t be very tender it might not be very easy to eat. Overcooking it will dry it out and burn it, making it overly brown.
You may have a different amount of broccoli than the 16 ounces listed above for the cooking directions. Do you need to change the cooking duration based on the amount of raw clear cooking? Yes, you should, and you’ll need to cook the broccoli longer if you have more broccoli. It’s important to adjust the cooking time based on how much broccoli you’re making. Large, thick pieces of broccoli will need to cook longer than small, thin pieces.
So, how long to roast 12 ounces of frozen broccoli? Your cooking temperature determines how long the broccoli needs to roast for as well. For 12 ounces of frozen broccoli, 12 to 15 minutes should be enough. Be sure to adjust the baking time based on how much broccoli you’re cooking at once.
Another important factor to keep in mind as you bake your broccoli and think about how long it needs to cook for is to ensure that you place your broccoli into a flat even layer. You want no overlap among your broccoli, so make sure there’s no pieces of broccoli resting on top of each other.
You can use the same method for how to roast frozen broccoli and cauliflower, as they have about the same cooking time. Broccoli and cauliflower can be cooked together with the same method.
How to Thaw Frozen Broccoli to Roast
You might prefer to thaw out the broccoli before roasting it. This will cut down the cooking time, and you can thaw the broccoli ahead of time and store it in the fridge. How do you thaw out your broccoli?
You can put it into a bowl of water on the countertop and let it thaw for about 30 minutes. Another way to thaw it out is simply rest your frozen broccoli in the fridge overnight or for a few hours. Keep in mind that this will probably leave a puddle in your fridge, and you may want to store the broccoli in the crisper drawer in a bowl to catch the water as it thaws in the fridge.
If you thaw out your broccoli before roasting it, you can cut the cooking time down by about four minutes.
Now you know how to roast broccoli from frozen and how to cook it when it is thawed but refrigerated. After you cook your broccoli in the
You can preheat the