Last Updated on 29th November 2021 by Pauline
How do you prefer to treat yourself in the morning? You need to wake up to breakfast comfort food that you like. Most people prefer quick and easy meals for breakfast. The serving should be high in calories to give you the energy to take you throughout the day.
Ensure that your breakfast meal consists of proteins, grains, fruits, and some vegetables. There are plenty of ideas you can add to your breakfast menu.
My Favourite Comfort Breakfast Foods – Recipes & Guides
French Toast Bread Pudding
- Arrange challah bread in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk honey, orange zest, vanilla, salt, and eggs.
- Pour the mixture on the bread and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Dip the baking dish in a large roasting pan.
- Add boiling water to one-inch height.
- Cover the
panwith aluminum foil.
- Ensure the foil does not touch the pudding.
- Bake for 45 minutes, uncover the
panand bake for another 45 minutes.
Serve whilst hot on a winter morning.
How to Make Classic French Toast
When your bread is stale, you do not have to throw it away. Make yourself a tasty classic French toast.
- Preheat your
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet without overlapping.
- Bake the bread for 5 minutes to dry it a little. Flip and bake the other side.
- Reduce the oven temperatures to 200ºF.
- Whisk the following ingredients in a casserole dish; Eggs, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and half-and-half (cream and milk).
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for about one minute.
- Cook the bread over medium-low heat with a non-stick skillet.
The toast is cooked when it has a golden brown finish.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza – Egg & Avocado
Comfort your morning with a quick fix pizza. All you need is pizza dough, avocado, and an egg.
- Cut the avocado and remove the pit.
- Scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Add cilantro, salt, and lime juice. The lime preserves the colour of the avocado.
- Use a fork to mash the ingredients; you can adjust the seasoning if so you desire.
- Roll your pizza dough into a thin circle.
- Place your pizza dough on a very hot skillet.
- Flip to cook the second side after two minutes.
- Spread avocado on the cooked dough.
- Fry your eggs and carefully place it on top of the avocado.
Enjoy your breakfast with a glass of milk or fresh juice.
How to Make Oatmeal Pancakes – Healthy, Filling & Delicious
Pancakes, yes! Yummy, as they are. Prepare some mouth-watering pancakes for your mornings and have a cheerful day, all along.
- In a large bowl, mix ¼ cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup oats (quick-cooking), tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and baking soda, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk an egg, butter, and buttermilk.
- Whisk all the ingredients together to achieve a running consistency.
- Cook your pancakes over medium heat with a non-stick
Bacon, Spinach and Gruyere Breakfast Strata – Something Different
You do not need to toast your bread any time you have it for breakfast. Prepare this breakfast strata and start your day with loads of energy.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Chop the cooked bacon and set aside.
- Using the same skillet you used to cook the bacon, add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add spinach and cook for two minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, spinach, bread cubes and cheese.
- Arrange the mixture in a ceramic or glass baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, mustard, yogurt, and salt.
- Whisk them thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish, cover, and leave everything as it is overnight.
In the morning, bake your dish in the
Sweet Breakfast – How to Make Banana Nut Bread
If you love moist bread, try banana bread. Adding some nuts gives the bread additional nutrients.
- A banana bread cooks well at 350ºF. Therefore, preheat your
ovenat that temperature.
- Whisk together bananas, vanilla, butter, eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Ensure the mixture is smooth; Add dry, dry ingredients and buttermilk. Whisk to achieve a uniform batter.
- Use your hands to stir in nuts of your choice.
- Bake the bread for 60 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
How to Make Eggs Benedict from Scratch
This delicious breakfast recipe will give your taste buds something to crave for. You will kick start your day full of energy.
- Put the wine, shallots, and vinegar in a skillet.
- Cook on low heat until the liquid reduces to half.
- In a blender, add tofu, the wine mixture, sour cream, lemon juice, honey, mustard, turmeric, and red pepper. Blend to achieve a smooth mixture.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Fill a separate skillet with ¾ of water and add one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to simmer.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add them to the
pan, one at a time—Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the egg from the
panwith an egg slice or a slotted spoon.
- Place your halved English muffins on two plates.
- Top the muffins with ham, egg, and sauce.
- Sprinkle with chive, paprika, and black pepper.
There you have your breakfast.
Egg Topped Quinoa Bowl – Perfect for Vegetarians
If you love your breakfast topped with dressing, make this your go-to breakfast recipe. It is easy to make; you only need to spare 15 or fewer minutes to prepare your yummy egg topped quinoa bowl. You can enjoy this dish in any season since all the ingredients are available throughout the year.
- Use a non-stick skillet for cooking pancetta until brown.
- Add kales and cook until they wilt.
- Add tomatoes, salt, vinegar.
- Stir the mixture then remove the skillet from heat.
- Serve the cooked quinoa in two bowls.
- Add kale mixture to each bowl; arrange sliced avocados neatly in each bowl.
- Wipe the skillet and use it for cooking the eggs.
- Cook lightly to leave the Yolk runny.
- Serve one egg to each bowl.
Nuts and Dried Fruits – Easy For On-the-Go Breakfast
Nuts and fruits will inject you with the needed energy to kick start the day. Vegetarians learned this secret long ago. The dish is sweet and nutritious.
Nuts and fruits make a perfect breakfast when you are in a rush. You can prepare them in the evening as you cook your dinner. Here is one simple nuts and fruit recipe you can try.
Toss everything in a food processor. Make small balls from the mixture and enjoy your breakfast. In case you prepared them in the evening, you can toss them in the fridge to rest.
Chickpea and Kale Shakshuka – How to Make Shakshuka Traditionally
Shakshuka is common in Tunisia and a few North Africa countries. You would be lucky if your mom were familiar with this tasty breakfast dish. Chickpea and kale shakshuka is suitable for all diets, including vegan and vegetarian. The taste of this shakshuka will tease your taste buds, leaving you craving for more. If you have not come across this breakfast dish, give it a try, I promise you will love it.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a
pan. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and spices, stir fry for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, and black pepper. Stir and simmer the mixture for seven minutes. The sauce will thicken slightly.
- Add your Kales and stir. Cook in low heat until the vegetable wilt. Taste the seasoning and adjust where necessary.
- Make six wells for the eggs. Break the egg into the wells.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the eggs. Sprinkle the feta evenly in the
pan. Cook while covered for about 10 minutes
So, Is Comfort Food for Breakfast a Good Idea?
Nutritionists recommend healthy foods to benefit our bodies. Not all the foods are exciting to the taste buds. Although the body needs the nutrients, they can make your day gloomy. Spice up your mornings with some breakfast comfort food of your choice.
As you can see in the recipes above, you can have a sweet or savoury breakfast and comfort from healthy recipes.
You can have a high carb and high calorie foods a day in a week. What you need to do is avoid too much junk for breakfast. The meal you take in the morning should give you energy for the day, make sure it is balanced.