Is there a more satisfying comfort food than French fries? I sure can’t think of one. I like loading mine up with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, and chives, but they are perfectly fine with just a pinch of salt on them too.
There are tons of different ways to have fries, but probably the worst way to have them is reheated, especially if they are not reheated properly.
We have all had reheated fries, and most of us have probably eaten them after they were reheated in the microwave. That certainly works and makes the fries warm again, but it doesn’t do any favours for the flavour or texture.
I wouldn’t recommend heating fries in the microwave at all, even though it is fast and convenient. There are better ways to warm them up, and I want to share with you how to reheat French fries.
Whether you are looking for a fast way or the best way for how to reheat leftover French fries, I have compiled all the different methods I could come up with. I know not everyone has the same appliances in their kitchen or has a lot of time to prepare food when they are having leftovers.
I don’t want you to have to eat soggy, unpleasant food or feel like you need to toss out the French fries. Why let good food go to waste? Here are my top methods for reheating French fries.
How to Reheat French Fries in the
The way I prefer to reheat French fries is using the
How to reheat French fries in the
All-in-1 Machine - The ultimate meal making machine is not only an air fryer, but also a rotisserie, dehydrator, pizza grill and oven toaster. With wide temperature range from 150℉ to 400℉, this air cooker allows you to air fry, bake, grill, roast, toast, dehydrate（90℉-170℉） and rotisserie. 10.6QT(inner size:10.9"L*9.06"W*6.97"H) extra-large capacity allows you to prepare family-sized quantities as well as saving the space.
The best temperature for reheating fries in the oven is somewhere between 400 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure that they warm up quickly and you don’t waste a lot of time waiting for them to get warm. It also cooks them to the correct internal temperature so that they are heated through and through and there are no cold spots. Who wants to eat a partially cold fry? Not me!
How long to reheat French fries in the
This cooking time is intended to be used for fries that were stored in the fridge for a few hours. If you are warming up a large portion of fries, then you may need a longer cook time. It’s not a bad idea to check them at five minutes, though.
This method works for all kinds of fries. If you are wondering how to reheat McDonald’s French fries or any other restaurant’s fries, just use this method and they will come out nice and toasty every time.
- Cook the fries on a baking sheet
- Preheat the
ovenbefore placing the fries in
- Spread the fries out on the baking sheet so they are not on top of each other
- Add your toppings after the fries have warmed
- Check the fries after five minutes and put them back in for a few more if necessary
- Thick cut fries and large fry portions will need longer to cook
The amazing Gotham Steel crisping fryer that works in your oven. Get the crunch & crisp you cant resist without added oils or fat. Unique elevated nonstick tray allows superheated air to pass through & circulate around all 360 degrees of your food for the perfect crisp & Brown all around.
How to Reheat French Fries in the Microwave
You may be short on time and not want to take the time to wait for the
You only need to cook fries in the microwave for a short period of time. They will reheat quickly, so be careful about overdoing it. Cooking them for too long can make them unpleasant to eat. Warm them in 20-second intervals, just to ensure they are not overheated. It doesn’t make sense to try to rush and warm the fries in the microwave only to make them too hot to eat and then have to wait to consume them.
Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage : 120V - 60Hz.
To help them come out with the right texture, place them on a microwaveable plate and a paper towel.
One of my top tips for how to reheat French fries in microwave is to let them get to room temperature first rather than placing them straight from the fridge into the microwave. You will get a better tasting fry that is closer to the taste and texture of when you purchased them.
If you have a microwave crisper tray, use that to make them nice and crispy.
Big 12-cup food capacity for frying extra-large batches. Oblong-shaped baskets fit large pieces of chicken or fish. 1800-watt immersion element assures quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery.
How to Reheat French Fries on the Stove
- You could also reheat fries on the stove, in some oil. You can reheat them in a frying pan with no oil and do a dry fry or you can put them in a deep fry. The problem with the deep fry is that it makes the fries extra oily.
- Now, you can wipe off some of the oil once they come out, using a paper towel, but they will still have absorbed quite a bit of oil. Deep frying French fries to reheat them is not the healthiest way to warm them up.
- To fry in oil, just preheat the oil on medium heat and cook for about three minutes. It doesn’t take long to warm them up in hot oil.
- Dry frying works okay, but you need to let the fries reach room temperature first before putting them in the frying pan. Then, heat them on a low heat setting to warm them slowly, so they heat all the way through.
- For dry frying, it should take about five minutes to warm the fries enough that they will be warm all the way through.
These are the most common methods for reheating fries, and if you are tired of soggy, cold, and unpleasant leftover fries, try these warming tips to ensure that yours come out great every time. Your fries can taste almost as good as when you bought them. You just have to know the secrets to reheating them and not settle for the quickest, most obvious ways.