It’s crazy how the simplest of ingredients can make all the difference in the culinary world. Maybe the simplicity of the ingredients in today’s recipe is because they’re subserving. They all complement the rockstar of the plate: the crab.
From Chinese and Thai origins comes today’s recipe: Thai crab fried rice. Just by talking about it, I can swear I’m smelling the appetising aroma!
So, without further ado, let’s see how to make crab fried rice!
Crab Fried Rice Recipe, or Rather, Recipes
Even though the crab is the star of the plate, some other ingredients may tend to co-star. For example, you may use shrimp alongside the crab. Even if the crab is inaccessible, you can still make this plate by using imitation crab.
Imitation crab is the processed copycat of crab. It’s made of deboned fish-flesh, alongside some other ingredients and additives. Not only is it more accessible, but it’s also two times cheaper than real crab.
There are also some restaurants that are known for perfecting this plate. Of course, we’re talking about the Bonefish
1. Good Old Thai Crab Fried Rice Recipe
For this recipe, we’re going to use the Chinese cooking method known as stir-frying. This means throwing your ingredients in hot oil and stirring while you keep adding them in. The traditional utensil for stir-frying is the wok, which is the traditional Chinese
However, it’ll be better to use a nonstick
For efficient stir-frying, you should have all your ingredients prepared before beginning to fry. Here’s what you’ll need:
Good Old Thai Crab Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 cup cooked crab
- 2-3 scallions
- chopped cilantro
- First off, ensure all ingredients are prepared. That includes beating your eggs and preparing your aromatics and veggies. Put the oil in the wok, or preferably the nonstick pan as mentioned earlier. Adjust the heat to medium, throw in the garlic, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Wait until the garlic is just about to turn golden, and place the rice in the pan. On doing that, raise the heat to high. Stir-fry again, for about 3 minutes this time. Now, it’s time to add your sauces.
- Pour in your soy and fish sauces, as well as the Shaoxing wine. Then, sprinkle a couple of touches of salt and pepper. Now, even out the rice through the pan. Add the beaten eggs, and integrate them with the rice. Then, make the scrambled eggs cover the rice in a nice coating.
- Now, it’s time for the crab to occupy its front-and-center place. After adding the crab, add the scallions and cilantro, and stir-fry for a couple more minutes. It’s all done now! Just squeeze some lime, serve alongside some chili oil, and bon appetit!
2. Imitation Crab Fried Rice Thai Recipe
This imitation crab is also known as crab sticks. If you’re a fan of sushi, you’re most likely going to love these sticks. That’s because imitation crab is one of the constituents of California rolls, plus some other types of sushi.
For this recipe, we’re going to use a technique other than stir-frying. We’re going to be sautéeing. In this one, you’ll use less oil, and you’ll cook on low heat.
Imitation crab can be cooked using other cooking methods, like using the steamer or the
Imitation Crab Fried Rice Thai
- ½ pound Imitation crab
- 1 egg
- Crumbs of bread
- Lemon mustard
- A clove of garlic
- After rinsing your hands thoroughly, mix all the ingredients together, including the squeeze of the lime. Afterward, divide the mixture into sticks or rectangular-shaped portions. Put the portions in the refrigerator to chill for half an hour.
- Now, get your sautéing pan in position on the stovetop. Add the oil, and adjust the heat to medium. After that, place your mixture in the pan, and leave it there until it turns brown. Also, remember to play around with the seasonings while you cook as you see fit.
3. Shrimp and Crab Fried Rice Recipe
This next recipe will need a lot of heat. The crispier the rice gets, the more delightful the plate is going to be. For this recipe, it’s better to use refrigerated rice, be it leftovers or refrigerated after cooking. The point is to get the moisture out of the rice, so it can be crispy rather than mushy.
- Three teaspoons of soy sauce
- Two teaspoons of peanut oil
- One teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- Chopped scallion
- An onion
- One teaspoon of ginger
- One teaspoon of garlic
- 8 oz chunk of crabmeat
- One teaspoon of sesame oil
- 10 deveined shrimps
- One teaspoon of chilli flakes
- Four beaten eggs
- Two cups of rice
- Some sweet peas and saffron
- Salt and pepper
Begin by pouring the peanut oil into the
After one minute, add the eggs and the sesame oil, and let them cook for another minute. Then, add the crab, rice, and soy sauce. Spread them across the
Crab fried rice is an easy plate to make. With minimal time and effort, you can get yourself a really delicious meal, one that has a lot of variations to it. First, there’s the traditional Thai crab fried rice recipe. You can also use imitation crab instead of real crab. Alternatively, you can add shrimp to the mix.
Finally, if you don’t have time to cook, you can most definitely opt for the Bonefish