This little appetizer is perfect for your parties or even gatherings and is very easy to make. The cold crab dip without cream cheese is the best option such that you get to make it the night before or instantly.
Whenever I have to plan parties or gatherings, I panic about what I should make as an appetizer and what I should make as a side item for chips? But when I found out about this recipe, I realized that it takes minimal effort, and you don’t have to rush for the ingredients. All you need is some crab which you can buy or also make a veggie version of crab.
The surprising part is it’s super easy to make, and its freshness is the feature that everyone likes. So, let’s dive into this article without further adieu, but first, let’s talk about one or two things that one should consider before making these fantastic dips.
Above all things, the freshness of the crab is crucial for making this cold crab dip recipe without cream cheese. If you choose the wrong crab from the market by mistake, you can ruin the entire dish.
You need to make sure you choose the right kind, which is the best quality, and inspect the details of the crab before paying for it. One of the best ways to find the right one is to smell it. If you find the smell to be strong or stingy, then it won’t be suitable. And if it smells like a sweet ocean breeze, it is ready to be a part of the best dip!
Serve It chilled
Another thing you need to know is crab dips are the best when chilled. When you refrigerate it, it gives time for the flavor to get absorbed. You need to cool it for at least two hours before serving, or for the best result, keep it in the refrigerator for overnight. But before that, you need to cover it with plastic or in an airtight container.
Cold Crab Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Mince all the crab; the more you cut the crab (fresh or canned), the better it will taste. This will help the other ingredients to enter the crab.
- Add the ingredients: sour cream, mayonnaise, sliced shallots, or green onion and combine them well. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the pepper, salt, dills (dried or fresh) to the bowl with other ingredients(including the sauce and vinegar). Add a bit of lemon zest to it.
- Take the dip, put it in an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and if you want to get the burst of flavors, keep chilled overnight.
Spinach, Artichoke, And Cold Crab Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Crab (canned or fresh)
- Artichoke hearts, minced
- Minced spinach, washed and drained.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of cheese(parmesan)
- Mozzarella cheese(grated)
- Mixed herbs(optional)
- Garlic (powder)
- Round bread for serving
- Take all the ingredients: drained artichoke, two types of cheese, chopped or minced spinach, mayonnaise, garlic, and mix well until the cheese melts and then set it aside
- Take the dip and keep it in a bowl and cover it with a plastic or lid. You can even put it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or the entire night.You can serve this dip as it is, or if you want it to be a unique item and read on to learn how to serve it differently!
Instruction On How To Serve This Combo:
- Now take the round bread and cut it so that the bread becomes a bowl to fill with dip. Take the reaming bread and keep it aside (You can use it for the dip)
- Take the bread bowl and sprinkle some cheese on it. You can use the top part of the bread as a lid. Now, you can take that bowl and keep it in a hot casserole. This will melt the cheese and form a sealed bowl for the dip.
- Now take the dip out of the fridge, add some bread and then serve to your guests. This will be an awesome appetizer for them!
Yum! By reading this article, I am sure you will be excited to make it to your home and impress your loved ones. So what are you waiting for? Make this flavorful dip, and let us know how it went!