Last Updated on 17th December 2021 by
Do you find it difficult to steam hard-boiled eggs? Peeling the shell of an egg can be a tricky job to do. Most of the time, the whites of an egg come out.
To avoid this, steaming hard-boiled eggs is the best. The steaming process helps put in minimum effort to peel an egg, and the egg is more tender. There is almost no chance that the eggs crack during the steaming process.
After reading the article below, the question of how to steam hard-boiled eggs will never be tough anymore.
How Long To Steam Eggs For Hard Boiled Using Different Methods?
Hard-boiled eggs taste yummy and tender if you steam them. For steaming, take a
How to Steam Hard Boiled Eggs?
You must have noticed that most hard-cooked egg recipes go wrong from the very beginning. After steaming the eggs, please leave them in cold water for 15 minutes. After the given time, remove half of the water. Close the lid of the box in which the eggs were put in to cool down. Shake the box almost 30 to 40 times, and you will see the magic happening. Peeling the eggs will be the same as peeling an apple. No residue will be left on the egg membrane. These steam eggs are perfect for any hard-boiled recipe.
Easy Method To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are a perfect go-to snack. They are great as a meal and perfect if you add them into other meals like potato salad to make deviled eggs.
Preparing hard-boiled eggs seems tough for many, but after reading this recipe, I am sure you will find it easy to make hard-boiled eggs whenever you feel hungry.
It would be best if you had a large pot to make sure that the eggs don’t crowd together. It would be best if you also had some salt, white vinegar, a slotted spoon, and a large bowl. Add four inches of water in a large pot, which means after you put the egg in the water, and it needs to be one inch above the egg. The pot must be large enough to accumulate a dozen eggs. Add 1 tsp of salt and a tbsp of vinegar and let it boil in a pot with a lid. Take a slotted spoon and lower the eggs into the boiling water, and this process needs to be done quickly so that all the eggs cook evenly and at the same time. Put the lid on, reduce the heat, and let the eggs cook for exactly 13 minutes. Do not overcook the egg, as it will let a grey ring form on the yolk that does not look nice.
Preparing The Ice Bath
Add 2.5 cups of ice in a large bowl with lots of room. Add water to it and let the ice melt. After the eggs get cooked, pull them out and transfer them to the ice water for an ice bath. One question that generally comes to mind is how long one must leave the eggs in the ice bath? Well, a minimum of 15 minutes is good to let the skin come out easily. An ice bath is the best way to stop the cooking process of the egg. If you will not use all the eggs for a recipe, it is better to store them in the fridge after you take them out from the ice bath.
- adding salt and vinegar prevents an egg from cracking. Even though it cracks, it will not let the egg come out baking its shell.
- Salt and vinegar help to soften the shell, which makes it convenient to peel it off.
- Storing a hard-boiled egg is convenient as it lasts for several days in the fridge. Store it in a glass bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
Simple Recipe Using Steam Hard Boiled Eggs: Potato Salad Deviled Eggs
- ½ dozen of boiled potatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ a lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of Chive, mint, and parsley
- 6 hard-boiled steamed eggs
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 4 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of relish
- Green onion and paprika for garnishing.
- Add the washed potatoes with their skin in boiling water. This will help preserve all its nutrients and its original flavor. Cook it for about 15 minutes. Drain all the water and peel off the skin.
- Take a bowl cut the potatoes into halves or four parts as per your choice. Add extra virgin olive oil, some salt, and pepper. Take a lemon, add a little swoop of it in the potatoes, squeeze the half lemon in the potatoes, and give it a nice toss.
- Chop chives, parsley, and a few leaves of mint to give the potatoes a nice herby flavor.For making the creamy eggs:
- Peel and cut the eggs and separate all the whites and chop them randomly. Collect all the yellows of the egg and smash it, add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and relish and mix it well.
- Transfer this mixture into the potato mix and combine everything well. Add salt and pepper if required and garnish with green onion leaves and paprika. The potato salad with deviled eggs is ready.
I hope after reading this article, how to steam hard-boiled eggs will not be a question that will trouble you now—especially when you are very hungry, and you want to cook something yummy. There are various ways you can steam hard-boiled eggs. All the methods mentioned above are simple, with a variation in the process and ingredients.
I'm Pauline, a retired patisserie chef, mother of four and now a full time food blogger! When i'm not cooking i love long walks, reading thriller novels and spending time with my grandkids. Head to my about me page to learn more about the woman behind the food! You can find my Facebook here