Last Updated on 17th December 2021 by
Steak is a high-quality beef that includes high muscle fiber attached to the bones. People started consuming steak in the mid 15th century, representing a thick slick of meat suitable for cutting, grilling, and frying.
Today, people around the world consume steak. Made in festive seasons, a lot of Americans depend on steak as their meal. Not only do you get a high amount of protein by consuming a flap of steak, but it also contains some vital nutrients such as vitamin B12.
Earlier, the North European citizens consumed beef at their suppers. Today, there is a hassle-free instant pot recipe for tri-tip steak.
The other dishes that go with the tri-tip steak recipe are gravy and some red wine.
Instant Pot Recipe For Tri-Tip Steak
Many factors can affect your beef tri-tip steak recipe. First, you must tenderize your steak once you have marinated it. Keep the steak soft and juicy. However, too much tenderness can result in chunks falling off.
Do not make the steak rock solid either. Instead, follow the instructions step by step to attain a perfect, nice, and juicy steak.
You can use wines and certain beverages that will go with the pot recipe. For example, you can include white wine to give your finished dish a glaze.
The recipe for tri-tip steak includes some dry ingredients which you will need to marinate the steak. These add flavor and texture to your dish.
Instant Pot Recipe For Tri-Tip Steak
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 2-3 pounds Tri-tip Brisket roast fat trimmed
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cloves Broth
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) or lemon
- ½ cut Jalapeno
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Liquid smoke
- Bay leaf
- Add all the dry ingredients, i.e., paprika, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, pepper, and salt, in a bowl and mix them. Marinate your tri-tip steak with mixed spices. The best way to get the utmost results is to let the marinated meat rest overnight.
- Preheat your pressure cooker or an instant pot. Set the pot to the SAUTÉ function and keep the heat high.
- Defrost your tri-tip steak and bring it to room temperature. At extremely low temperatures, the beef takes 50 % longer than the normal cooking time to cook.
- Place the vegetables at the bottom of the pot. Next, place your tri-tip on top of the trivet and seal the meat. Let it cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 to 15 minutes before venting the pressure. Do not hurry while making the pot recipe. The results will be better and juicier than expected.
- After the pressure is released, you will need to remove the roast and place it on a baking sheet. Put the tri-tip inside a broiler. Do not remove it until a brown crust starts to develop. The duration will depend on the positioning of the meat inside the oven and the type of the broiler.
- When the crusts develop, take the dish out of the broiler and let it rest for ten more minutes. The meat has acquired some tenderness.
- Meanwhile, prepare an onion and garlic puree inside a blender. Allow a final blending with the broth. Make sure the latter blends perfectly, leaving no residue.
- Put the saucepan on a medium to high flame and start to thicken the sauce by regulating the heat. The volume of the sauce should reduce by 50%. At this point, add the butter and whisk it. Put it aside. Your sauce is ready to serve.
- You will need to use soft hands to slice the meat into thin pieces at this point. This will give a gentler effect to the dish. Place the shredded meat with the sauce alongside, and your dish is ready.
Tips For Making instant pot tri-tip steak Great
Once your meat and the sauce are ready, pour the sauce into smaller or soup-sized bowls. You can garnish your sauce with 1 to 2 basil leaves. Furthermore, you can add some seasoning like oregano and red chili powder to your meat. Beverages that go best with the dish are white wine and blended scotch. You can also prepare spicy dips or some mayonnaise to go with the tri-tip steak.
Enjoy your hot steak with your favorite whiskey or wine. You can also prepare martinis. It is a classic cocktail that goes well with your tri-tip steak recipe. Serve your ice-cold martinis with the steak and enjoy the combination of flavors.
Are you a beginner? If the instant pot recipe for tri-tip steak is complicated for you, you can try out an alternative to the above recipe.
Dice some potatoes and place them inside an instant pot. Add ½ cup of beef or chicken broth—rub spices like oregano, pepper, salt, chili, and garlic powder over the meat. You can even add steak seasonings over the top and bottom of the meat for some extra flavor. Cover with the trivet and place your tri-tip steak on it. Seal the meat and set your manual timer to 30 minutes.
After you have cooked the beef completely, carve the meat at the dinner table and garnish the plates with the shreds and mashed potatoes.
Your dish is ready to serve. You can also prepare deserts alongside.
You can consider a boneless tri-tip steak recipe if you do not prefer regular steak—finally, an instant recipe to enjoy the boring Sundays and weekdays.
You can also include steak in your pies and puddings. This will make your Thanksgiving delicious and memorable.
I'm Pauline, a retired patisserie chef, mother of four and now a full time food blogger! When i'm not cooking i love long walks, reading thriller novels and spending time with my grandkids. Head to my about me page to learn more about the woman behind the food! You can find my Facebook here
Wednesday 22nd of March 2023
Reading your article has greatly helped me, and I agree with you. But I still have some questions. Can you help me? I will pay attention to your answer. thank you.