The aroma of instant pot white chicken chili is mind-blowing. It is the perfect meal for your lunch or dinner. It is loaded with vegetables, cheese, chicken, dry spices, and white beans. When you mix all the ingredients, it gives the white chicken chili a unique appearance.
You must have had white chicken chili in restaurants. But you can easily make it at home with an instant pot. The instant pot makes the dish easier and quicker to cook. You have to add various ingredients together in the instant pot and pressure cook. It will take 45 minutes to one hour to prepare the dish.
Here’s an Instant pot white chicken chili recipe to try at home and serve your guests and family.
Ingredients To Make White Chicken Chilli Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Frozen corn
- Black pepper as per taste
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Chicken stock (broth or bone broth)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup White beans dry
- 1 Lime
- Jalapeno seeds
How To Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chilli?
- Start With White BeansFirst, prepare the white beans by soaking them in water for around eight to ten hours. You may add some salt to the water.
- Press Saute on Instant PotSelect saute on the instant pot. Add avocado oil and put the boneless chicken breasts in the pot. Season it with some salt and black pepper. Then allow the chicken to cook for two to three minutes. It will turn a light brown color. Then flip the chicken and cook the other side. Once it cooks, remove the chicken from the instant pot and keep it aside.
- Add Onions To Instant PotNow add some more avocado oil to your instant pot. Then add sliced onions into the instant pot.
- Add Green Bell PepperCut the green bell pepper into small pieces and add them to the instant pot.
- Stir Onions And Green Bell PepperAdd some salt and start stirring the onions and green bell pepper for at least one minute. Now add some chicken broth to degrease the pan.
- Add Garlic And Dry SpicesAdd minced garlic and dry spices like chili powder and cumin powder into the instant pot. You may add seeds from the green bell pepper to make your white chicken chili spicier.
- Add Chicken BrothYou don’t want your ingredients to dry out. So add more chicken broth and keep stirring all the added ingredients. In this way, none of the ingredient will stick to the bottom of the pan and dry out.
- Add Chicken To The Instant PotAdd the chicken pieces which you had sauteed for one minute earlier.
- Add Soaked BeansAdd the white beans which you had soaked for eight to ten hours to the instant pot.
- Add Chicken Broth AgainAdd the rest of the chicken broth into the instant pot and stir it.
- Now Pressure CookClose the lid of your pot and then cancel the saute setting on the instant pot. Now select the high pressure and cook for 15 minutes. Allow the instant pot to release the pressure naturally.
- Open The LidOpen the lid and remove the chicken with a fork.
- Add Frozen Corn, Coconut Cream, And LimeAdd one cup of frozen corn, some coconut cream, and lime juice into the pot. Use a blender to shred the chicken which will make your white chicken chili thick.
- Shred ChickenAdd the shredded chicken to the instant pot. You may even shred the chicken in the pot. Both methods will work because the chicken is soft and tender. Give the pot a good stir. You may add a little bit of salt to balance the seasoning.
- Add CilantroDon’t forget to add cilantro on top of the white chicken chili. It will add some extra flavor to the dish
- Serve It HotRemove the white chicken chili from the instant pot and serve it in a bowl.
- Don’t Forget To GarnishYou can garnish your white chicken chili with cheddar cheese, pepper, and some lime juice. If you have kids at home, you may want to add more grated cheese to the white chicken chili. You also might prefer cilantro and sliced onions to garnish the white chicken chili. Garnishing is purely optional. You can choose according to your own preference.
You can garnish your white chicken chili with cheddar cheese, pepper, and some lime juice. If you have kids at home, you may want to add more grated cheese to the white chicken chili.
You also might prefer cilantro and sliced onions to garnish the white chicken chili. Garnishing is purely optional. You can choose according to your own preference.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
#1. How to store instant pot white chicken chili?
You can store white chicken chili in an air-tight container in the fridge for five days, but if you freeze it, you can store it for three months.
#2. Can I add some more veggies to white chicken chili?
Yes, of course, you can add more veggies like spinach, carrot to the white chicken chili.
#3. What can I serve with white chicken chili?
You can serve tortilla or corn chips along with white chicken chili. People will love it.
We call this recipe white chicken chili because we add white beans to it. The instant white pot chicken chili is relatively easy to prepare in very little time. I hope you will try this recipe, have it and serve your guests or family members. You can make this recipe any time of the year since all ingredients are readily available.
Share your first experience after making the instant pot white chicken chili. I would love to know about your experience.