Last Updated on 18th August 2022 by Pauline Loughlin
Are you aware that the United States is the largest consumer of beef in the world? According to a survey done in the year 2018, almost 60.9 million metric tons of beef are consumed in the world.
The strong flavors of the beef shoulder are mouthwatering and have a good amount of nutrition. Shoulder steak provides an ample amount of vitamin B6, B12, Niacin, iron, choline, and much more.
For learning a few delicious beef shoulder roast recipes go through the article below. Get your hands on these recipes and surprise your family members with an aromatic beef shoulder roast/ chuck roast) this Sunday. Make sure you follow our guide to cooking beef in this beef brisket recipe cooked in the oven.
Beef Shoulder Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast Recipe
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil/ or any regular oil of your choice.
- 3 carrots chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and white pepper according to taste.
- 1 glass of burgundy wine
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 red potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 stalk of celery
- In a skillet, add oil and add chuck roast to it. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the piece of beef. Let it cook from both the side until golden brown. (this process helps to bring out the maximum flavors of the beef).
- once the roast is brown from both sides, transfer it into a slow cooker.
- Add a packet of dry onion soup mix and one glass of burgundy wine over the beef.
- Add chopped carrots, onion, celery, and diced potatoes into the slow cooker and let everything cook for almost 8 to 9 hours until tender.
- For this recipe, look for a fresh chuck roast as it will be the most tender.
- Pick red potatoes for this recipe as it holds its shape well in the
- Do not reduce the cooking time as the chuck roast needs full 8 hours to get tender and flavorful.
Tips For Making The Shoulder Beef Recipe Great
- Take out the beef from the fridge one hour before the cooking process. It will help in making the beef soft and juicy. While seasoning the beef, sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper so that every bit tastes flavorful.
- To enhance the savor of the beef, add herbs like rosemary and bay leaves. Garlic paste also works well with the beef as it helps in giving the beef a strong aroma.
- The beef shoulder itself makes the gravy that helps cook the beef, carrot, onion, celery, and potatoes. It goes well with roasted beef.
- While grilling and roasting meat, the moister of the piece of beef goes in the middle and lets it rest for 40 -45 minutes after it is cooked. The moisture and the tenderness of the beef will come to the right temperature after 40 minutes.
- After taking out the beef shoulder roast on a plate, mash the left veggies and herbs in the oven tray with a spoon of flour, half a glass of red wine, and a spoon of red jam. This will give some sweetness to the gravy that will make it nice and thick.
- Add a liter of the stalk to the gravy and let everything simmer for half an hour till the beef roast gets back to a temperature that brings back its moisture.
- Take the plate you had put the roast beef top up with roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. Add some horseradish sauce to the plate. Sieve the hot, rich, and smooth gravy and pour it over the beef roast and Yorkshire pudding.
Beef Shoulder Roast Recipe In Slow Cooker
Take out 4 pounds of beef chuck roast on a tray. Sprinkle some Kosher salt and white pepper on both sides of the beef. Now, put it in a dry cooker and let it cook in the slow cooker for almost 7 to 9 hours till it gets tender.
After almost eight hours, you will see all the liquid coming out of the beef cut, and if the fork goes inside the beef shoulder, it means it is perfectly cooked. It is one of the easiest beef shoulder roast recipes to try at home for lunch or dinner. It is super tender, juicy, and has a strong flavor of beef. Anyone can cook this dish at home.
Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast Recipe In Oven
Chuck is a piece of pretty inexpensive meat, has a lot of flavors, and ideal for those who do not like ample amounts of fat on their meat.
To prepare the beef chuck shoulder recipe in the oven, take 2 pounds of cut meat. Season it with an ample amount of salt, paprika, and cracked black pepper. If you want to cook chuck roast for dinner, prepare the meat in the morning with the seasoning. This will make the seasoning penetrate the meat. The salt in the meat will also help to break down the meat and make it juicer.
Now take a baking dish and add veggies of your choice. It can be potatoes, radish, carrots, onions, garlic, and more. Cut them all roughly and place them on the baking dish. Add thyme and rosemary, salt, black pepper, and 2 tsp of olive oil over the veggies. Place it in the oven at 459 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
After the given time, set the temperature at 275 degrees for ten minutes. When you take it out from the oven, let it rest for another 15 to 20 minutes before serving it. This will bring out the juices of the beef shoulder to make it even more delicious. Spoon some of the meat juice on top of the veggies and sliced beef to make it taste amazingly delicious.
Other recipes that we think you will love. Don’t forget to check out our how to cook bone in ham. Featuring our famous honey glazed ham recipe.