Last Updated on 17th December 2021 by Pauline
Some of the best soups are made with just a few ingredients, and they don’t have to be super complex to being super tasty. I’m going to show you some easy soup recipes with few ingredients that you will love and that are very easy to make.
These are great ideas for people who don’t have a lot of uncommon ingredients on hand. You can make healthy soups that taste great and only take a few minutes to put together. Here are some of my favorite that I would like to share with you.
Easy Tomato Soup
- 5 pounds of tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup and two tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your tomatoes on a greased baking pan.
- Mix together garlic and 1/4 cup of oil and then you can coat the tomatoes in this mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring tomatoes every once in a while. They should cook until they have softened. Once they are done cooking, you can get rid of the skins.
- Separately, take the remaining oil and sauté your onion in it. Add salt, water, and tomatoes. Cook in a pan on medium heat until it starts to boil. Once it boils, you can lower the heat and cover the pan, allowing it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a blender to process the soup, and you will likely have to do this in batches. Use the blender to make the soup smooth, and then stir the cream into the soup and heat thoroughly.
Barley Beef and Veggie Soup
- 3 cups of beef broth
- Chuck roast leftovers
- ¼ cup of quick cooking barley
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp of ground mustard
- Mix together all of your ingredients in a large saucepan and warm until it begins to boil.
- Once it begins to boil, lower the heat and simmer your soup uncovered for about 20 minutes. Keep cooking until the barley is tender.
Simple Chinese Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 4 cups of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced fine
- 4 ounces of dried Chinese noodles
- 4 bok choy or Pak choy leaves, sliced
- Heat up the chicken stock in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the bok choy, soy sauce, green onions, oyster sauce, and noodles.
- Lower the heat and cook until the noodles are tender, or according to the package instructions.
Easy noodle recipes with few ingredients like this can be modified in a lot of ways, and you can add all sorts of additional vegetables and seasonings to make it a more complex dish, if you like.
This can be modified to make easy chicken soup recipes with few ingredients, simply adding canned chicken with little extra work. Most easy chicken soup recipes for dinner with few ingredients can be very healthy and lean, and as you can see there doesn’t have to be a long, complex cooking process to make it.
Simple Hamburger Veggie Soup
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of ground beef
- 3 and 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Cook the ground beef in a pan until it starts to brown. No oil is needed to cook it in a pan. You should drain off the fat after cooking. Pour your beef into a large cooking pot.
- Add in beef broth, tomato soup, vegetables, and seasoning. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
Easy soup recipes with few ingredients and hamburger can be much more complex, if you like. You can add in tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and a variety of other seasonings, and I would suggest adding bay leaves as you cook it in your pot and then remove the bay leaf when the food is done cooking. Bay leaf is not considered edible, but it adds a lot of flavor to your soup when you cook with it.
This is one of those easy crock pot soup recipes with few ingredients as well, since you can make it in a crock pot or in a pot on the stove. If you make a crock pot version, you can cook the beef with the vegetables and everything else all at once. You do not have to cook the beef separately when making this in a crockpot.
Easy Tomato Soup
- 2 ½ pounds of Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of ground basil
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of ground thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice your tomatoes in half and prepare a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Once the oven is heated, place tomatoes with the cut side facing up onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast for an hour.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add in all of your ingredients, including the tomatoes, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pour your mixture into the blender and blend until smooth. You can serve by topping with basil.
Easy light soup recipes with few ingredients like this can be filled out with plenty of other veggies, if you like. You can use whatever you have in your vegetable drawer to make this a more complex and satisfying soup. I have given you just a very basic recipe to work with, and you can feel free to start from there and add a lot of other things to it to enhance your soup.
Many of these recipes are very basic and simple, and you can do a lot with them, modifying them to meet your needs. They can be a great way to use up food that you have in your cupboard or fridge that you don’t have any other immediate use for.