Guacamole is an essential part of Mexican cuisine. It’s delicious on tortillas as a snack, but it’s also amazing on tacos or fajitas.
This homemade fresh guacamole recipe made with Haas avocados, which are the really dark-skinned avocados that look almost black. They are the only avocados for guacamole, because the green-skinned avocados are firmer fleshed and don’t mash as well.
Have you ever spent too much time preparing an avocado salad? Our avocado slicer allows you to quickly remove the pit with a simple twist; any size of avocado core can easily removed, and then run the fan blade along the flesh to have perfect slices in mere minutes. Therefore, this avocado cutter helps you to save your time.
- 3 Haas avocados
- 1 medium sized tomato
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ to 1 whole jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and twist apart. Remove pit and discard. Scoop flesh out into a bowl.
- Mash avocado well with a potato masher or fork.
- Add onion, jalapeno to taste, and cilantro. Stir to blend.
- Cut lemon and lime in half and squeeze juice over guacamole. Stir well.
- Salt to taste.
The most powerful kitchen food processor (under $200) can process the toughest ingredients with ease. (based on average selling price and rated wattage)